Is there is a way to cancel or revert a Bitcoin transaction?

Elizabeth Quintana
Elizabeth Quintana  replied:
I understood that by RBF we can cancel somehow. But my question is that how we can cancel or reverse Bitcoin transaction without RBF
Darren Nelsen
Darren Nelsen  replied:

Once a transaction has been included in a block, no, there's no way to revert it.

If a transaction is sitting in the mempool, awaiting inclusion in a block, you can use Replace-By-Fee (RBF) to replace the transaction with a new one with a different fee. This is typically done when congestion is high and the fee you included in your original transaction wasn't enough to get picked up by miners. You can replace it with a higher fee to (hopefully) get it processed sooner.

If you do a search in your favorite search engine for Bitcoin Replace-By-Fee, you'll find instructions on how to do this. The instructions may vary depending on what wallet you're using.

Sponsored by: Brainsy, Inc.